Drug Substance Scale Up
Electrical Services and Instrumentation and Mechanical Piping & HVAC Services
Kirby was appointed to complete the mechanical, electrical and CSA scope of works for upgrade works to the existing cleanroom manufacturing area within the Zoetis facility.
The project involved mechanical installations including WIFI cooling system and WIFI skid on the process pipework with alterations to the existing pipework, strip out of existing electrical services and enabling works, modifications to integrate existing cleanrooms to form adaptable processing areas, extension of mezzanine floor and external civil works.
SCOPE OF WORKS
Kirby was responsible for the mechanical, electrical and CSA scope of works.
The electrical systems installed by Kirby included:
- LV Distribution
- General & Emergency Lighting
- Sub Mains Cabling
- General Services / Small Power
- Fire Detection & Alarm
- Data Distribution
- Access Control
- Mechanical and Process Wiring
- BMS/ DMCS Cabling
- 150KVA Generator including new change over panel
The mechanical systems installed by Kirby included:
- Low Temperature Hot Water
- Chilled Water
- Steam & Condensate Pipework
- Installation of 3 nr. AHU’s
- Installation of 2 nr. Chillers
- WIFI Cooling System and WIFI Skid on the Process Pipework with alterations to the existing pipework
The CSA scope of work included:
- Demolition and upgrades to existing cleanroom manufacturing area
- External civil works including gas main trench, water main diversion, ducting, fencing, additional parking spaces, extension to stores area
- Installation of new mezzanine floor providing an additional 150m² of office space. Office fit out included wall, ceiling and floor finishes, glazed screens, joinery and rooflights.
The total project meterage consisted of 895m of cable,1,300m of containment, 658m of pipework and 682m² of duct.