Strathaven 275kV Switchgear Replacement
Substations and Renewables
Kirby were awarded the Electrical Balance of Plant (EBoP) to facilitate the replacement of the existing 275kV switchgear at Strathaven Substation.
Works included demolition, civil works, electrical and mechanical works, OHL works, protection and control, telecommunications, switchgear and ancillary equipment.
SCOPE OF WORK
Kirby were responsible for the electrical scope of works.
- Primary Equipment Transmission Connection
- Primary Equipment Distribution Connection
- Earthing & Bonding
- Control & Protection System
- Fibre Network
- DC Battery Systems
- General & Emergency Lighting
- General Service Power
- Mechanical Plant Service Power
Installed plant items included LVAC panel and associated small services panels, 14 no. control and protection panels, and battery system.